Wednesday, August 1, 2012

After Salcombe and Falmouth I moved onto Penzance instead of Newlyn . they are actually next door to each other and both give a good starting point to get round Landsend.  This bit of sea is full of rocks and strong currents. To hit the tides right to get me round the last corner before home it meant an early start. I set off at 3.30 am and had to get the gate keeper of the marina to open the exit for me. I then had a long and lumpy sail round to Padstow. I did try to get as near in a possible to see the Landsend Hotel and hope the photos in the next post do this leg justice.
Padstow is a really nice place - again a bit difficult to get into as the channel dries out to virtually nothing.  Another advantage was the opportunity to try Rick Steins restaurant.  Bit naive of me as there is the Rick Stein cafe; the Rick Stein Deli; the Rick Stein Fish shop etc etc.  I managed to get into the main restaurant and had a meal which was a little underwhelming and enormously priced. But then Mr Stein says we need to pay more for quality!! I will not be going back.

No comments: