Thursday, June 28, 2012

Here's a few views of leaving a wet and windy Whitby to arriving off a misty Scarborough castle. It cleared when we got in.  My thanks to the staff at Scarborough for their help and generosity - particularly Andrew and Shaun the Dock Tide Masters and the Harbour Master.  Northern Hospitality.  It was also in Scarborough we came across a German guy named Carl. He was doing some amazing trips in a small motorboat - looked like a small tugboat, about 28ft long. Looked as if it should have a key in the side to wind it up but great boat and great character Carl. We saw him in Whitby; actually met him in Scarborough; knew most of his life story by Grimsby.  An author of travel books who sails his little boat all over Europe - put me to shame

2 comments:

helen said...

give my love to the kids. safe trip south - nice weather here.

Ian said...

I'll work out how to edit this blog before I get home